- All communication is sent via email; please keep a current address on file!
- Parents and dancers are responsible for reading all newsletters, memos, and etc.
Class Attendance and Expectations
- Students are expected to attend class regularly
- Please arrive 5 minutes before class time, and be ready to start at the scheduled time
- Please use the washroom before class to avoid disruption
- Arrive dressed in proper dance wear (see our dress code for more info)
- Hair pulled back off of the face – no bangs please
- Proper footwear must be worn – no socks please
- Please bring a water bottle, with dancers name marked on it
- There is a no cellphone rule in the dance studio – students may leave their cell outside the studio or with the teacher during class
- Missed classes may result in the students removal from a routine for recital/event/competition
Class Changes and Cancellation Policies
- Element Dance reserves the right to combine, reschedule, or change classes due to inclement weather, instructor illness, dance events, etc.
- If classes are cancelled due to bad weather, an announcement on our website, Facebook page, Twitter and our answering machine will be posted by 1:00pm (weekdays)
- If a student misses class, it is the students responsibility to catch up on missed choreography and lessons
- Element Dance reserves the right to change teachers or cancel classes due to insufficient registration. If a class is cancelled for the term, a full refund for those cancelled classes will be given.
No Refund Policy
- Registration fees are non-refundable
- Once dance payments have been submitted, there is a no-refund policy. This includes class fees, costume fees, and event fees
- Only in cases of extreme unforeseen medical conditions will refunds be given. Documentation may need to be provided
Payments and Balances
- Payments may be made online, at the studio (cheque only), by mail (cheque only), or during a scheduled registration day (cash, credit, cheque)
- When making a payment by cheque, please include the dancer’s first and last name in the memo area of the cheque so that we may credit the right account. Please make cheques out to “Janelle Warren”
- Returned cheque fee is $25.00
- You may check you account online at any time
- Accounts that are past due will have a late charge applied
- Any student with an overdue balance of 30 days or more will not be permitted in class until payment has been made in full, or payment arrangements have been made